Thursday, October 07, 2010

31 Days of Halloween - Day 7 - with TIOT

BEWARE- Alex went a bit crazy with this one people.  I KNEW the fumes were getting to her.  The giggling was more mad scientist evil laugh when this was being created. 


This card is using the wonderful Halloween paper with the raven on it from Memory Box called Blackbird.  The entire paper pack is yummy, but, obviously, I am partial to this one and glad Alex decided to showcase it.  The image is a stamp from the latest release at SCACD.  It is called Flowers for Mom and is part of the Mini Sampler #1 drawn by Elisabeth Bell.  I know, EB does not draw creepy, she draws cute and this is not so cute.  Do you see the zombie skin and glowing red eyes?  I am pretty certain EB would be shaking her head if she saw this.


The challenge given to the SCACD team this week was to use an image that had 'animals' in it.  I agree, I do not see an animal either!  Alex originally had different plans entirely for this challenge.  When she sat down to work on it though, she saw this image stamped and lying on her work table.  The left side of her brain just took over.  First was the thought that humans are animals too.  The next thing she saw was to cut off the items that are already in the wagon and fill it with something else.  Immediately she began repeating Monty Python and saying "Bring out your dead"  "I'm not dead yet!"  and that is when the mad scientist giggling began.  I am telling you, I had my wings ready because she was just a bit scary sounding!  Then paper, ink, pens, flowersoft and all sorts of things began flying through the air and next thing I knew, she was showing me this card. 


At this point the 'animal' has to be either the raven on the paper, the teddy bear cut out, the girl turned zombie or......  Perhaps there is a cute little something hidding in the leaves she made with the autumn blend flowersoft.  The tag is a Mayaroad chipboard tag and gives added dimension to the top of the card.

So, what do you all think?  Should I be afraid? 

Please go see what the rest of the SCACD team created on Folllow Your Heart so you can fully appreciate how wonderful the images in this release are.  Until tomorrow.

Happy Halloween!
Edgar

19 comments:

Teri said...

Oh Edgar - you poor thing!! Fancy having to live with a wierdo! LOL.
Very imaginative card though - love it myself, apart from the cutsie girl bit, glad she zombied that one up!!
Hugs,
Teri x

ldfdesign said...

dude, i love that movie, and that is my fav. part, i use that as my ring tone! wonderful job!!!!!

Daniella said...

"BUT I'M NOT DEAD"
"Of course you are...."
I could go on, but I'm afraid of birds, their eyes are on the sides of their heads, weird, and I don't want Edgar coming over here and pecking me!!! so I'll stop:(

I think this is totally rad! Super rad!! Fabulous! Love the red eyes and the bones!! Perfect!

Unknown said...

I love it when a story takes over in your head while your creating, your in the "zone" then.

Perfect background paper for your wonderfully colored images.

KC said...

I love this card! lol and monty python! great great card I must copy this idea my hubby would love it!

DonnaMundinger said...

EEEEK!!! How FuN! Love how you creeped up such a sweet image! Fabulous! xxD

Sugar said...

omg girl! that is sooooo wicked! creeeepy to the core! I love it!!

Aud said...

Wow, this is so creative, fun - and scary! *LOL*
You did a fabulous job on her! :o)

Hugs,
Aud

SuzieQ said...

Don't be frightened Edgar - love that she used your image in the project. she may be a zombie but she's still cute ;) Totally loving the bones!

Stitchinwitch said...

That is so cool, love the zombie girl and the quote had me chuckling evilly

Alison said...

I LOOOOOOVEEEEE this!!! I want it! The fumes must have reached Long Island because I am laughing like a mad scientest now! I think it is AWESOME that you quoted Monty Python! Love that flick!!! The flowersoft is beautiful, as is the zombie skin. Yes, beautiful. The bones...oh the bones...that is fabulicious!!! And the fact that she really is sweet looking makes it even better! Really, this is an amazing card!

Unknown said...

This is great I love it
Luv Jane xxx

Tori said...

How frickin' disturbing is this? LOL I LOVE IT!!! And I love the movie reference...

Danni said...

Oh my word!! Definitely get HUGE points for being creative...wow! You rock Alex!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Oh I love the bones she has in her cart. A cute zombie indeed. Fantastic
Edgar - open the window wider next time - It might help YOU
Helen x

Marlene said...

LOVE THIS...and LOVE the sense of humor in the mind that came up with this! ROFL!

Steph said...

Super freaky...lovin' the cute girl turned zombie!

Kelli Green aka Cajunstampingqueen said...

Edgar please please please tell alex that I think this is freakin awesome! I love how she colored the cute and sweet(flesh eating) little girl!!! Awesome!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Over the top, creepy fun--she looks like a zombie in a cute way, hee hee! Too fun Alex!

hugz,
Suzanne