Saturday, October 30, 2010

31 Days of Halloween - Day 30

Hello! I have a surprise for you today....  CAW CAW!!! 

First, I would like to share Alex's creation with you.  This is not one of her favorites, but it is certainly growing on me.  She imagined something quite different in her brain, but I told her not to throw it away and to let you all see it too.
This tag background is made with Glimmer Mist and a butterfly shaped screen.  The purple is the reuse of what was on the screen from a previous spray, flipped onto a blank tag and then she sprayed over it again with the pink.  This image is a great Victorian looking girl drawn by a new artist to SCACD named Carmen Medlin.  There is a full set of images that just released yesterday.  This one is called First Signs of Fall.  After stamping in brown ink, Alex colored some select areas with Copics for a further aged look.  The edge is stamped with portions of a butterfly image and then  the spider and candelabra images were added.  Isn't her face perfect for the spider hanging behind her?  Oh dear, I just realized that some of my friend's toys were left out and got into the picture.
 I would now like you to meet my new friend.  Her name is Lizzie.  I have been looking for a gal with out a lot of baggage and she assures me that hers has been delt with.  How perfect!
Isn't she just beautiful?  I can't seem to take my eyes off of her.  Alex's friend Frank said that I was 'dating up'.  I think that is a good thing, don't you?  I am trying to talk Lizzie into some traveling and adventures after this gig with Alex ends, but we will see.  Perhaps that is moving a bit fast, but when the love bug bites, what can I say?
Until tomorrow- which is HALLOWEEN y'all!

Happy Halloween!
Edgar

13 comments:

Daniella said...

Edgar's girlfriend is lovely! I think they will be very happy together! Great tag too!!

Susana M said...

Hey Alex
Edgy tag like how you take chances on your art - Has an alice in scary wonderland vibe :o)
Enjoy your fav day of the year!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

KC said...

Edgar I your gal is so cute! you lucky bird you!!! are you sure all her baggage is taken care of, ya might want to take another look at what she's packin'....I love the background on the tag too! very cool image!!!

Danni said...

Oh my Alex....looks like Edgar is going to be leaving you for a pretty woman!!
Fun project...you just amaze me!!

Stitchinwitch said...

The tag is stunning, very creepy.
Edgar your girlfriend looks lovely

Stitchinwitch said...

The tag is stunning, very creepy.
Edgar your girlfriend looks lovely

Unknown said...

A fantastic tag love the image Your girlfriend is lovely Edgar
Luv Jane xxx

Alison said...

Edagr, you can't do better then a flamingo! I should know, as I AM the flamingo queen! Congrats! I happen to really like Alex's tag. I think the glimmer mist on top of the images is eerie.

DonnaMundinger said...

Stunning tag and so is your new chickie, Edgar. I say GO FOR IT! xxD

ldfdesign said...

edgar your friend is awesome! and i'm gald alex showed us her tag, i love it!!!

Unknown said...

Lizzie is great! Love the tag too

Steph said...

Great tag, love the butterfly on it.

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Alex's tag is super I love that reverse masking technique.
I'm sure you two will make a happy couple Edgar
Helen x