Tuesday, October 12, 2010

31 Days of Halloween - Day 12

 Halloween and black cats belong together.  Right?  Actually they don't, but somehow that has happened over the years.  The black cat was the familiar for the witch, then the black cat superstition and the witches for Halloween and then Walmart got into the whole thing and a mess was made!  I mean really, if you want true evil for Halloween, Walmart, Martha Stewart and Monsanto ought to top the list.  But really, who wants to go door to door dressed as a bottle of round up? So, black cat it is!

Alex created this card with an image from QKD called Black Cat 13 Stamp.  Black and purple, ahhhhhhhhhhh.


She added the sparkle burst/star thing in the corner to add a touch of pizazz.  Since I love shiny things, but am NOT a mocking bird, I approve of the move.  I also like the texture piece in the center and the stitching.  The 13 and stars are done with gold paint and really look great up close.
Alex has some super fun stuff up her sleeve for Thursday and TOMORROW come back to learn all about the blog candy!

Happy Halloween!
Edgar

13 comments:

Daniella said...

Love the black and purple!! I have an orange cat. LOVE the 13 on the cat!!
And yes, I have a white ink pad that inks white. REALLY WHITE. From colorbox!

SuzieQ said...

LOL that combination would be evil ;) Love the 13 on the cat too - great colors.

Unknown said...

The cat and the colour are just perfect love it
Luv Jane xxx

DonnaMundinger said...

Fab colors and I love the black cat. the sparkly star picks up the fab background too! Lucky 13! xxD

ldfdesign said...

i firmly believe that martha and walmart are the devil (and yes i still use and shop). love the cat! wonderful job!!!!

Unknown said...

That cat is great! Love the colors

Alison said...

Edgar, this was another great post! Very informative! And I loved the first paragraph. I love that Alex made a purple and black card...perfect color combo! And Danielle is right. Color Box's White Frost is a TRUE white.

Sugar said...

that is a great card girl! love the kitty :)

Steph said...

Lovin' the black and purple combo with a splash of the gold. Super cute card, I really like the lines and x's.... great attention to detail :)

Stitchinwitch said...

That cat is groovy, black and purple always looks good and I love the 13 too

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

I wish time was on my side and I could get to post my comment earlier - everyone's said it all before - great purple and black and the star really does set off the BP so well.
Helen xx

KC said...

lol you make me laugh....I agree Walmart and Martha...evil! great card! I love the purple and black!!

Kelli Green aka Cajunstampingqueen said...

Hello Edgar! I hope you had a lovely day today! Please let Alex know that I love the purple and black together and I think her project is awesome!!!