Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sunny Eyes






I have loved this image Sunny Eyes since I first saw it.  As one who spent her teenage years in the 80's it makes me think of a certain female musical artist and that makes me love it even more!  AND, I really want those rockin' shoes.

I decided to really play up on the flames and starry night sky while coloring Sunny Eyes and worry about the papers, embellishments, etc. later.  I am thrilled with the result, especially the dress.  I colored it with my darkest grey alcohol marker fist and the covered it with the black Spica Pen.  The depth and shimmer are amazing!  The Spica Pens were great for the sun in her hair, wings, belt and shoes as well.

After looking at and admiring my coloring for several days, I finally got busy and finished creating.  The background paper is from the Memory Box.  Those 'flames' are actually made using one of the newest release Dies by SCACD.  This is the Ornate Hinge.  I have a little something else up my sleeve with this one to show you later this month.  Just buy it now because it is going to be on your 'must have' list.

I hope your weekend is fabulous and filled with the opportunity to be creative!

Get Inky!
Alex

No comments: