Sunday, July 08, 2012

Create Your Own Path


I have been working on this particular art journal spread for a bit now.  It started with Dylusions inks, then some swipes of Viva Decor Precious Metals paints in silver.
I stamped the shells from the Elements Collection from the Susana Love Stamps,  Mixed Media Stamps to create the bottom of the ocean.  The rays from the Elements Collection was stamped upside down to create the effect of the light shining in through the water.


I had started out planning for it to be shells on a beach with the ocean behind, but it just took on a different form as I began to work with it.


The fish are created using a corner die from the Dies by SCACD Classic Corners.  I cut them out from black cardstock and then used Mica Powders in Pink Azalea and Yellow Rose.  The Micas gave them the most glorious shine and shimmer.

It wasn't quite finished.  I grabbed a black marker and began to write.  Just some thoughts and ramblings that were in my head.  Things I needed to say to myself.  THEN it was finished.


I love the way that creating in an art journal format has begun to really inspire me.  My creative brain seems to just 'take over' and the critical brain goes on vacation.  There are many things that I don't share with all of you, but some of them I just have to.  I want you to see what you can create.  Give you ideas, tell you to BE FREE. Always, always remember that when it comes to your creating, there are no rules.  Only what works for YOU.  Be true to yourself creatively.  You may not get published, or picked for design teams, or win challenges, BUT you will be happy during the process and that is all that matters.

Challenges:
Unruly Paper Arts - July #1Beautiful Beach
CRAFT Challenge - #162 Splashy/Water theme
Paper Crafting Journey - Summer
Creatalicious Challenges - #35 Anything Goes
Desert Islands Crafters - #33-pick 3 (teal, animals, use rubber stamp, silver)
Mema's Crafts - July Anything Goes
My Mojo Monthly - July, Your Style



Get Inky!
Alex

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great art journal spread! Love it!

Thanks for questing with us at UPA!

Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite entry on the 26th!

carol said...

Super creation, thanks for playing along with CRAFT x carol

Mema's Crafts said...

I don't see many altered journals so this was a treat for me, TFS and Thanks for joining us at Mema's Crafts.

trisha too said...

Such gorgeous color--the pages appear as if I'm looking through water, wonderful effect!

Thank you for joining in the beachy Reader's Art Quest at UPA, Alex!

:)

Aunty Sue said...

Fab creation and thanks for joining CRAFT this week hope to see you next week.

Christy Beans said...

Wow - great color and I love that you turned a corner die cut into a fish just by grouping them together. Love getting a new perspective like that! =) Thanks for joining us with this great art journal entry for the Summer challenge at PCJ!

If you're interested, I have some Christmas-in-July Cash Candy on my blog: I Never Went to Kindergarten Come join the fun! =)

tootsie said...

Thank you for entering our summer challenge over at The Paper Crafting Journey

I have some BLOG CANDY
on my blog if you are interested!

Hugs,
Wendy

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

awesome work alex! I am always impressed with your work.
hugs,
susan s.