Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 Days of Halloween Day 13

Good Day!!!!  So happy to see you visiting me again.  I know that Alex's creations are fun, but have no doubt that if she hadn't let me host, you would probably not come by so often.  I tell her that and she just throws something at me when I do.  However, I'm not sure if it is because of what I am saying, or that I am walking on her table of craftiness.


Alex has a new Halloween card she created using an image drawn by Terra Bidlespacher for Sweet Pea Stamps.  The name of the image is Halloween.


After stamping and coloring the image, Alex tore the edges and then used a couple different distress inks on them. She was going for a burnt paper look. Not quite the same as fire, but the last time she used actual fire to do a burnt edge, it required an insurance adjuster and contractors. Yeah- THAT is a story.  The background paper is part of the MME Mischievous paper pack.
Do you see that fun pumpkin in the corner?  That has a story and I have to tell you.  Alex made that!  Yes, really.  She used that fabulous Viva Decor Crystal Gel from SCACD.  She has the orange gold color which didn't need any painting this time.  However, she did distress it a bit with some of the metallic rub-ons from SCACD.  The mold she used is by 1st Impressions.  These make it really easy because they are super flexible.  When the Crystal Gel is dry, they just pop right out!  She plays with this a lot.  There are all kinds of molded shapes around here just waiting to be put on something.

I hope your day is fabulous.  Alex has been spending a lot of time checking out the other Wicked Bloggers participating in the 31 Days of Halloween.  I hope you are as well.  There is a lot of variety and creativity.  You can't help but be inspired.

Happy Halloween!
Edgar

16 comments:

Alison said...

Hello Edgar! Alex did a great job on this card...but I worry if she really did cause a fire once??? Love the little pumpkin and the drippy goo punch too!

Steph said...

Beautiful card, love the more subtle colors she chose for this one. How cool that pumpkin is! Ill have to check out that gel stuff, sounds cool.
I was going to try that burnt edge one time too, but got too nervous :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is sweet! Love the faux burnt edge. Heaven forbid you let Alex play with matches again. xxD

Brandi said...

Edgar you need to stay off of Alex's craft table ~ no distracting her from making her fabulous creations! Love the pumpkin Alex ~ so cool that you made it! :) Smiles ~ Brandi

ike said...

Hi Edgar xxx
Fabulous card by Alex - I love that image and the little pumpkin is awesome :-) xxx

Sugar said...

amazing! great job!!

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

Edgar... You crack me up!!! By the way Monique did a likeness to you and so did Alison!! You may want to get on Alex computer and peck away!!! Alex... I love your card and I am so glad that it didn't involve and of the after a fire people!!! LOL! I love the way you tore your image and inked it up!!! Your pumpkin is so cool!!! Will need to look into all the goodies to be able to make some of my own embellishments!!!

ldfdesign said...

great job with the edges, it does look like burnt paper! that pumpkin alex made is adorable! the image is cute and colored so well!

Unknown said...

Love this a lovely image
Luv Jane xxx

KristyLee said...

Very cool card! Cool brains hanging out there. You did a super job!
Peace,
KristyLee

Sharon Sahl said...

I adore Terra Bidlespacher's drawings! And you did a wonderful job coordinating the colors you used and the papers! I've been wondering where you got so many great skulls to hang off your creations and recently saw that someone asked you about your skull card holder. Duh!

Monique's art said...

great card, love it

Susan said...

I LOVE it, I like burning paper edges myself..the worst that ever happened was it burnt too much in one section, luckily!
Thanks Edgar, you are a fine host!
Susan

jennifer said...

awesome card, love the image.

Scrap Vamp said...

Wonderful card! love the dripping border and the bats!

I Don't Do Straight said...

Love the image and the faux burnt edge really sets it off and your pumpkin ornament is FAB!.