Sunday, September 11, 2011

Willy Wonka and a Mad Scientist?

This image is Mad Scientist Christian from Simply Betty Stamps.  I think he is just fabulous and am thrilled I got to ink him up.  I created this card with the current call at The Burtonesque Dolls in mind.  There is a DT call and the 'assignment' is:  Show us your quirky, your creepy, your funky most beloved projects and incorporate your most favorite Burton film or Burton like film!  Tell us all about that film and why it is your favorite!
 


I think that probably an explanation is in order so that you can see the funky path my brain took that makes this incorporating Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
First, I have to tell you that I had a super difficult time selecting a favorite Burton film.  There are things I really enjoy in all of them I have seen.  However, I think the more reclusive, less child loving version of Willy Wonka created by Tim Burton is FABULOUS!  When he makes the 'side of his mouth' comments I found myself literally laughing out loud at the theater.
So- now you know why the specific movie, how on earth did I get to THIS card?  Right? Well, I have this image of an obnoxious girl with a lolipop and while looking for it and trying to create something in my brain, I was sifting through my Simply Betty Stamps that just arrived, saw this one and went 'WAIT! Someone HAD to invent all that funky candy!  Why not Mad Scientist Christian?' and here we are.

The background paper is from my Best Creations Happy Hauntings paper pack. 
These fun embellishments are ones I made.  I used the Viva Decor Crystal Gel in orange/gold and a mold by First Impressions.  I then painted them with black acrylic paint.  Once they were dry I used the Metallic Rub-Ons kit #3 to help bring out the details.

Challenges:
The Burtonesque Dolls - New challenges DT call
Smeared and Smudged Forum- Very Sketchy


Get Inky!
Alex

3 comments:

Suzi McKenzie said...

This is so cool, I like how you mind works:)
Hugs
Suzi
xxx

Betty Boo! said...

This Rocks Alex! Thank you so much for such a wonderful creation with Mad Scientist Christian!!

Scrappychick said...

He's a doll!! I love the metallic rubons too...I'm addicted :) Your samples on the SBS blog are fabulous today! So glad you are in the spotlight!!
Cyndi