Thursday, November 04, 2010

TIOT with Winter Walk

This week for Try It Out "T"day, we were challenged to make a winter or holiday card not using red, green, silver or gold.  Ok- so first, I am still in Halloween mode, not winter holidays and second, NO SILVER OR GOLD?  What are you doing to me?  ACK!!
So, after I did some deep breathing into a brown paper bag I stamped out several of the images from the new release drawn by Camin Medlin for SCACD Reflections #1.  I knew that I needed to figure which image I could work with and have it meet the challenge.  I was instant drawn to Winter Walk.  This image makes me think of the scene in Sleeping Beauty when Aurora is dancing in the woods with the birds.  I can hear the music in my head- which is a good thing since I love that soundtrack.

After deciding the image I went looking for holiday paper in not red or green and got sidetracked along the way by the 7 Gypsies paper pack Conservatory.  You REALLY have to get your hands on this one to appreciate it.  The papers are double sided and there is SUCH variety.  Anyway, since it distracted me, and there was bird 'stuff' on some of the papers I decided I had found what I was going to use and set to coloring the image.




Recently I have been experimenting with monochromatic, but especially the brown.  I will admit that it is the brown because it is the color I have the most complete range of coordinating Copics, but I still like it!  I am very happy with the way her hair especially came out and how it all coordinates with the paper. 


I was still having major withdrawals over the no silver or gold, knew I could do something and began digging a bit deeper.  I found my newly arrived yumminess also known as Petaloo Velvet Hydrangeas.  Do you see that?  They are GLITTERIFIC!!  (yep, that is a real word, in my world anyway)

I assembled it using a sketch from Card Patterns.  It needed just a bit more so I grabbed my Viva Decor pearl pen in cream and put pearls all around the image.  Easy peasy!  After waiting for it to dry- yep I did!, I was able to take pictures and share with you.

I hope you enjoy, and do NOT forget to visit SCACD.  There are lots of new things in addition to all the fabulous stuff that was already there!  Enjoy your visit!

Challenges:
Card Patterns #88 - sketch
Copic Creations #38 - brown or make a scene

Get Inky!
Alex

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Beautifully colored image! Love the pretty color combo too! Thanks for joining us at Copic Creations!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

Alex your card is gorgeous. I love the image colored in brown, she is beautiful.

NinaB said...

I love all the little details on your card. Thanks for playing with us at Card patterns.

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow! Beautiful, Alex! Love the monochromatic coloring and gorgeous embellies.