Wednesday, October 20, 2010

31 Days of Halloween - Day 20

Well, today I was presented with quite the quandary.  Alex gave me a stack, all be it a short stack, of completed projects and told me to pick one to share.  Excuse me?  I am the talent, not the worker bee here.  There seems to be a bit of confusion as to what the roles are.  However, since Alex looked a bit tired and flustered (and I like to eat) I decided to help her out.

I selected another one of the Halloween tags.  I really enjoy sharing the tags and I know Alex likes making them. 
The background color for this one was achieved by splotching dye ink pads on the craft mat, spritzing with just a tiny bit of water and then putting the tag down on top of the whole mess to soak it up.  The image is a stamp from Third Coast Stamps and one of our favorite lovely ladies.  The dark ground was created by sponging on some charcoal chalk ink.

I have also decided this tag will be Alex's entry into the Macabre Monday challenge of  A Lil' Lurid & Lovesick.  A vampire hanging out at her lover's grave, yep- that qualifies in my book!

Challenges:
Macabre Monday HDH #061 - A Lil' Lurid & Lovesick

Tomorrow is another lovely lady who seems be 'working' the dead angle.  Hope to see you then!

Happy Halloween!
Edgar

16 comments:

Alison said...

Perfect for MM! What a fabulous image! Love the backround! Edgar, I'm sorry Alex is making you "work!"

Sugar said...

that is a fabulous tag!! I love all of it!

ldfdesign said...

ohhh, i love the erieness of this tag!!! love it!!!

Unknown said...

That background sounds like fun (and messy just the way I like it)LOL Love the purple haze it gives for your lovesick vampire.

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous tag and perfect for Lurid and Lovesick! Thanks for joining us this week for MM at HDH! xxD

Daniella said...

I love that technique! Great way to get an awesome background layer. The stamp is beautiful! Awesome!

Stitchinwitch said...

That is spooky, love it

Unknown said...

A fantastic tag love it
Luv Jane xxx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Alex - this is gorgeous, stunning and all those kinda words. Sorry Edgar, straight to the mistress here is case you forget to pass the message on! I LOVE it
Helen xx

Kelli Green aka Cajunstampingqueen said...

Hello Edgar, us humans can be quite the pain sometimes.. Why the nerve of Alex expecting you to work! Although I have to say that you picked out a wonderful tag to show for today!!!

Steph said...

Beautiful, fabulous image and love the background.

Chiara said...

oh this is fantastic.

SuzieQ said...

FAboulous tag and stamp!

KC said...

Edgar you shouldn't have to work for your food I think there are laws against it...but you really shouldn't mind because the projects are great! very good choice! I love the background!!!

Brandi said...

I love the Edgar stories! :) Your tag is fabulous! :)

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

This is so beautiful! I love all the delicate shading, just gorgeous :D
Thanks so much for joining in with our Lil Lurid and Lovesick challenge at HDH, and good luck! :D