Saturday, December 10, 2005

RENT!!

Went to the movie RENT last night. My MIL took myself and my SIL, who both have Dec birthdays, to dinner and the movie for our birthday present. Usually we go to a live production of some sort, but there wasn't much playing that interested us this year. Since a couple of years ago we had gone to the traveling production of RENT we decided it would be interesting to see what happened to it in movie form.

WOW! I was pleasantly surprised. I had forgotten how much I love the music in RENT. I can't stop humming this morning. There is nothing like a live production, but the movie was well done and I enjoyed it. It certainly gets five stars from me!

This story is one that really touches me. Primarily because I know that there are those for whom this is a portrait of reality and daily life. I am reminded how blessed I am and how, had the circumstances of my birth been different, it could also be my daily life. I am also reminded how important friendship and family are in a person's life and that family takes many different forms.

No comments: