Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Busy, busy

This weekend was very busy. Not just with family, but with crafts and projects! I was able to FINISH the quilt top for the denim quilt I have been working on. I have been saving old jeans for over a year and periodically cutting them into 7 inch squares. I completed a top that is 16 x 11 squares. It should be plenty large enough for my older son's bed. It is intended as a Christmas gift for him. If I am able to collect enough denim, I will do one for the younger son as well, but his might need to be another Christmas. I went and purchased the batting and flannel backing yesterday. OUCH! Even with the batting at 40% off and the flannel on sale it still was almost $40!!! Good thing the denim was free ;). Maybe I will have it all together except for tieing it by tomorrow afternoon.

I also was able to get another comfortghan completed and ready to mail. This is for a woman who recently lost her Mother. I hope she finds peace and comfort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't follow the link in the comment above. These posts have been showing up in other forums, and we're currently trying to find a way to clean/remove them all easily.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you can find flat flannel sheets on sale and the price beats buying the flannel at a fabric store. Also, you don't have to sew it together!
Your afghans are awesome, and I can't wait to see the denim quilt!