Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Observations of Summer

Summer is meant to be a time to relax. To go fishing, go on picnics, go camping, enjoy the nice weather, etc. So why is it so stinkin' much work? I really believe that I am busier in the summer than I ever thought to be at other times of the year. I am even going to include the holidays in this statement as they are only a month long and summer is three!! Maybe it is all the projects. Maybe it is all the preparation work that goes into the relaxing activities (pack the picnic, pack the camper, unload the picnic, unload the camper, you get the idea). Maybe it is just because there are so many options of things to do I just schedule more. Maybe I just want to have so much fun with my kids I have a harder time fitting the "regularly scheduled programs" into my day. Whatever the reason, I am ready for a BREAK!!! The bad news is that I know when I finally get one (not tonight as I have a Charter School Meeting) I will sit down on the couch with my crochet hook or knitting needles to enjoy a program on TV and it will be............ a RERUN!!!!!!!!

No comments: